Today we are going to make Bath Fizzies!
These are a really fun way to scent your bath and relax.
Tools you will need:
* Two medium sized bowls
* A sifter
* A spoon or your hands
* Measuring cups
* Spray bottle
* Ice cube tray, mini muffin tin, or some sort of mold (We recommend a silicone mold, then the bath fizzies can easily be pushed out)
Note: This recipe makes about a dozen Bath Fizzies. (to really enjoy the scent, use 2 per bath)
* 1/2 cup citric acid
* 1 cup baking soda
* 3/4 cup cornstach
* 1/4 cup organic cane sugar OR Epsom salt
* Food coloring
* Essential oil
1. Stir together the citric acid, baking soda and cornstarch in a bowl.
2. Pass mixture through a fine sifter into another bowl.
3. Mix in the Epsom salt or cane sugar.
4. Fill the spray bottle with about a tablespoon of water and about two drops of food coloring, then shake the bottle to mix the food coloring and water together.
5. Lightly spritz the water onto the mixture (it should become damp, but not fizzy) until it is packable.
6. Add oil one drop at a time, then mix, until the scent is to your liking.
Note: If the mixture starts to dry out, spritz with the water until packable again.
7. Scoop into a mold, packing firmly.
9. Last, but not least... let dry overnight at room temperature. Then gently pop out of tray.
We didn't have a silicone mold, so we just used a muffin tin, it was a little more difficult to pop out, but in the end they came out perfectly fine.
Enjoy your Bath Fizzies, and thank you so much for stopping by!
~ Head Red & Blondi